Female Disciples in the New Testament, cont.
Many other female disciples traveled with Jesus and the Twelve, learning from Him spiritually and serving Him temporally. Luke recorded: “And it came to pass afterward, that he [Jesus] went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him, And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod’s steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.” (Luke 8:1-3)
It is likely that these women provided some economic support for Jesus and His Apostles, along with service such as cooking. In addition to receiving Jesus’s ministering—the glad tidings of His gospel and the blessings of His healing power—these women ministered to Him, imparting their substance and devotion.
How many times have I read these verses and not seen that there were more than just Mary following Him? How wonderful!
I am a woman who has been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, and who desires to continually minister to Him, and impart of my substance and devotion to Him. I feel that the first way I do this, is to minister to Steven; to impart of my substance (time, talents, enthusiasm, etc.) and devotion (loyalty, love, respect, sustaining influence, etc.) to my husband, and in so doing I am giving of these things to the Savior. This is the key, as a woman of covenant, to fulfilling the law that I’ve received as His daughter – as one who has taken His name upon me – the name of Christ, and in token, Steven’s name. Isn’t that interesting and powerful! This key is connected directly to the thoughts and principles of the entry made Wednesday, April 4, 2012.

No comments:
Post a Comment