Tuesday, September 17, 2013

PP Integrity Ex1

                                                ("After Clouds, Sun"; James Christensen)

MY Personal Progress
Integrity
Experience 1: Integrity is the willingness and desire to LIVE by our beliefs and standards.

Do my actions reflect my knowledge and testimony? One of my greatest fears is that those I love, my husband and children and grandchildren, and those with whom I serve, will see inconsistency between what I say I know and what I do and how I live my life. Acknowledging that I am mortal and still in the  PROCESS of becoming like God, my hope is that they will see the honest 'striving' and sincere desire in me to BE what the Spirit has witnessed to me we are capable of becoming. Especially because of the nearness of our experience together, it is evident how many times I stumble and don't 'get it right.' My deepest hope is that in this 'not giving up,' the glory of Gods mercy and grace are seen in the evidence of my life.


To 'deny myself of all ungodliness' (Mor 10:30-33) me to me that in all things, I desire to stand as a witness that I am the Lords...ALL things. "Thou shalt do all that thou doest in the name of the Son..." (W 45:4). Do all that thou doest in the name of Christ ~ for His sake ~ for His glory ~ according to HIS will & pleasure (NOT mine...my vanity, pride or will). "...that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." "Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven" (3 N 12:16).

I want to be a window to His love,
so when you look at me you will see Him.
I want to be so pure and clear that you won't even know I'm here,
'cause His love will shine brightly through me.
(A Window To His Love; Words and Music by Julie de Azevedo)

FOR THE STRENGTH OF YOUTH
From the First Presidency:

1. Promise ~ As keep covenants & standards will be:
~ Helped w/important choices
~ Blessed w/companionship of the Holy Ghost
~ Faith & Testimony will grow stronger
~ Enjoy increasing happiness
2. In all do, stay focused on the Temple
3. Heavenly Father has placed great trust in me
~ He has a work for me to do
~ Seek guidance from Him & counsel with Him and trusted others
4. Remain steadfast and valiant & trust in the Savior and His promises. As I do:
~ Will be an influence for good in helping to build the Kingdom & prepare world for the second coming of Savior.

Agency & Accountability
OBEY & be better accountable for the use of my time
GOAL: USE TIME BETTER/WISER THIS WEEK

Dating
PLAN time to be together, make it a high priority, and make it happen.
Be enthusiastic about being together (reinforce the reasons you got together in the first place)!
PRACTICE holiness together.
GOAL: PLAN A DATE NIGHT (AT TEMPLE~SEALINGS) THIS WEEK

Dress & Appearance
RESPECT BODY & keep it SACRED. Only the best in and out.
SHOW I love Him: well groomed & modestly dressed; clean & neat; w/dignity.
GOAL: SHOWER AND APPLY CLEAN LINEN & CLOTHES EACH DAY

Education
SEEK principles of intelligence.
THROUGH CHRIST’S GRACE I may be instructed more perfectly “…that I may be prepared in ALL things when I shall send you again to magnify the calling (wife/mother/etc.) whereunto I have called you, and the mission (to build a family & home, teach, etc.) with which I have commissioned you.” (DC 88:80)
GOAL: CONTINUE TO IMPLEMENT & FOLLOW THE SAVIORS PLAN FOR ME EACH DAY

Entertainment & Media
SEEK after things (and the use of my time) which are virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy.
CHOOSE WISELY to ‘spend’ time for things which will increase my ability to learn, communicate, and become a force for good in the world; which will UPLIFT & strengthen.
Have the COURAGE to obey…as virtue garnishes my thoughts/actions UNCEASINGLY, THEN shall my confidence wax strong in the presence of God.
GOAL: DETERMINE ~ IS WHAT I WANT TO ‘SPEND’ MY TIME (OR $) ON UPLIFTING, VIRTUOUS, LOVELY, OF GOOD REPORT, OR PRAISEWORTHY? YES? THEN DO IT!
GOAL: BE ACCOUNTABLE…SEEK AFTER ‘THESE’ THINGS!

1 comment:

Marianne Gappmayer Thayne said...

Very well said. Your posts always help me to think and evaluate my own life. Thank you!