Sunday, October 20, 2013

PP Integrity Ex1 Final

Workers cut slabs of granite in Little Cottonwood Canyon (c. 1872), about twenty miles southeast of Salt Lake City, for use in building the Salt Lake Temple. In the early years, the granite was moved to the temple site by ox team, a four-day journey, and after twenty years, by railroad. Stereoscopic image. Photographer: C.W. Carter.

MY Personal Progress
Integrity
Experience 1 Final

Work and Self Reliance
We are to utilize our own unique talents to become self reliant.
To:
...use the blessing and abilities given by God to care for self and family.
...find solutions for own problems ~ 'work out own salvation.'
...learn to work with the Lord and others
GOAL: MORE WILLINGLY PARTICIPATE WITH JOY IN THE WORK NECESSARY TO MAINTAIN OUR HOME. BETTER HANDLE THE SACRED FUNDS OF OUR FAMILY ~ MORE WISELY SPEND; LIVE WITHIN MEANS; BUILD SAVINGS; NO DEBT.

And now...

Go Forward with Faith
The standards presented in For the Strength of Youth are a guide to help me make correct choices. I will review the standards often and ask, "Am I living the way the Lord wants me to live?" and "How have I been blessed by living these standards?"

Pray; Study the Scriptures; Be obedient; Attend the Temple; Follow the teachings of the Prophets; Be humble and willing to listen to the Holy Ghost and respond to His promptings. Place the wisdom of the Lord above my own.

As I do these things, the Lord will make much more out of my life than I can by myself. He will increase my opportunities, expand my vision, and strengthen me. He will give me the help I need to meet my trial and challenges. I will gain a stronger testimony and find true joy as I come to know my Father in Heaven better and His Son, Jesus Christ, and feel their love for me. I KNOW THIS IS TRUE!!

2 Nephi 31: 16-21

 16 And now, my beloved brethren, I know by this that unless a man shall aendure to the end, in following the bexample of the Son of the living God, he cannot be saved.
 17 Wherefore, do the things which I have told you I have seen that your Lord and your Redeemer should do; for, for this cause have they been shown unto me, that ye might know the gate by which ye should enter. For the gate by which ye should enter is repentance and abaptism by water; and then cometh a bremissionof your sins by fire and by the Holy Ghost.
 18 And then are ye in this astrait and narrow bpath which leads to eternal life; yea, ye have entered in by the gate; ye have done according to the commandments of the Father and the Son; and ye have received the Holy Ghost, which cwitnesses of the dFatherand the Son, unto the fulfilling of the promise which he hath made, that if ye entered in by the way ye should receive.
 19 And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow apath, I would ask if all is bdone? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken cfaith in him, drelying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to esave.
 20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a asteadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of bhope, and a clove of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and dendure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eeternal life.
 21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the away; and there is bnone other way nor cname given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the ddoctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of theeFather, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is fone God, without end. Amen.

No comments: