('Gethsemane' James Christensen)
MY Personal Progress
Integrity
Experience 1, Part 4
Physical and Emotional Health
Because of, and thru the power of, the ATONEMENT OF CHRIST, I am enabled to change and have strength to obey. My body is a temple, a gift from God. Thru keeping the stewardship of caring for my body, I am promised:
Health, strength, wisdom, knowledge, freedom, control of agency, companionship of the Holy Ghost, ability to be prepared to serve the Lord, ability to fulfill my divine potential, to name just a few.
GOAL: TO SEEK HEALTHY SOLUTIONS, SAFEGUARD PHYSICAL & EMOTIONAL HEALTH CARE WITH NUTRITIOUS AND NURTURING FOOD, EXERCISE, AND SLEEP. PRACTICE BALANCE & MODERATION...KEEPING MY APPETITES INLINE WITH THE BOUNDS THE LORD HAS SET. OBEY THE WORD OF WISDOM. BE A COVENANT KEEPER
Repentance
As I see & acknowledge my weakness and dependance on God, and then, because I love Him and have a sincere desire to be obedient, I release any and all things that are not 'clean' and in harmony with Gods will for my happiness and wholeness, I am brought to my knees before Him and seek His forgiveness. And then, thru Christ's grace (the enabling power of the Atonement) and His love FOR ME, I am forgiven and cleansed and feel the light and peace of the Lord, I will become more like Him, and He will remember my sins NO MORE.
GOAL: BE CONSTANTLY VIGILANT IN RE-ALIGNING MY WILL TO GOD'S...RE, RE, AND RE REPENT.
Sabbath Day Observance
AMAZING scriptures associated with this topic:
Isaiah 58:13-14: Call sabbath a delight, the HOLY of the Lord, Honorable. And HONOR Him = doing His way, His pleasure, HIS word, especially on this HIS day. THEN shalt delight thyself in the Lord, ride upon HIGH PLACES of the earth, & be fed with the HERITAGE OF JACOB.
Doctrine & Covenants 59:9-13: To keep self unspotted from the world, go to the house of prayer and offer up sacraments on HIS HOLY day. A day appointed to : REst from MY labors; pay devotions to God; vows offered up in righteousness ~ renewing covenants & confessing sins before the Lord; prepare food in singleness of heart, that fasting (hungering & thirsting after righteousness) may be perfect ~ or that MY JOY MAY BE FULL.
AGAIN, just another 'command' given to benefit & lift US.
GOAL: MAKE A MORE CONSCIOUS EFFORT TO HONOR GOD BY KEEPING HIS DAY HOLY...REMEMBERING HIM BY OBEYING HIS COMMANDS FOR HIS HOLY DAY

No comments:
Post a Comment